Employment Opportunity: Administrative Assistant – Alberta Seed Processors Association
Alberta Seed Processors Association (ASP), established in 1953, represents 67 co-operative seed & grain processing industries in Alberta and the BC Peace. ASP’s mission is to strengthen and build upon past accomplishments in seed and grain processing and business diversification focusing on long-term business sustainability.
ASP is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. The position is casual with varying and flexible hours of work. This will be a contract position with the successful candidate working remotely. There is a possibility for growth into permanent part-time.
The position will report to and provide administrative, planning and organizational support to the General Manager and assist in meeting the objectives of the organization’s operations and strategic plans. This position is expected to work both in an independent and team environment for dealing with issues, events and programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engage in and keep up to date supplier offerings as posted in all communications
- Work closely with Communication contractor to publish newsletters and other communication materials.
- In contact with members on general inquiries
Work on special projects, which may involve numerical data sets
- Any other tasks as required
- Assists in event planning
- Office experience; with experience in accounting functions- familiarity with QuickBooks an asset.
- High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Understand the importance of and adhering to privacy and confidential business communications
- Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Aptitude for dealing with members and suppliers.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Manages multiple priorities while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
- Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
Compensation · Commensurate on experience,
How To Apply.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information: 403 489 9999
Application deadline: 2022-03-31
Expected start date: 2022-05-01
Only successful candidates will be contacted.