The Alberta Seed Processors are a network of seed and grain processing professionals focused on providing Alberta farmers, seed growers and the agriculture industry with value-added services to support the growth of the local and global agriculture economy. We are a collective of community-minded businesses, working together to offer our members group benefits, professional and business development, through membership and the power of peer networking.
To create seed and grain processing opportunities for local and global markets.
To strengthen and build upon past accomplishments in seed and grain processing and business diversification focusing on long term business sustainability.
We will achieve this through:
- Fostering a network of processing professionals by creating an environment of continual professional development focusing on best practices
- Delivering and enhancing group service benefits – embracing co-operative spirit
- Advocacy, market development, industry involvement
Getting the Job Done
Investing For A Sustainable Future
In the past five years, two state of art facilities have been built, with construction on two more new facilities now underway. This demonstrates ASP’s dedication to constant improvement and reinvestment into the industry, rather than payments of dividends to shareholders.
Over the past three years, more than $17 million were spent in facility upgrading. The modernization of most facilities means the access to optical sorting and legal for trade weighing systems for even the largest transport trucks is now available at most sites.
Become a Member or Partner
Currently, membership is open to any agricultural based co-op within a reasonable distance to Alberta to ensure membership benefits can be delivered.
Membership benefits include the following:
- Group liability and capital protection insurance
- Group employee benefits – including pension plans
- Access to seed industry news through association outreach within the industry
- Access to grain exporting opportunities
- Other sundry group purchase benefits
- Operator/employee training and networking
Board of Directors 2023
Director – Region 3
Director – Region 1
Director – Region 2
Director – Region 4
Director – Region 5
Director – Region 6
Director – Region 7
Alberta Agricuture, Forestry & Rural Development Advisor