Edmonton • J.G. O’Donoghue Building | 7000-113 Street | Boardrooms A B C
March 2, 2016 | 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
There is no cost to participate in this event, but space is limited.
As Alberta’s agriculture and food sector continues to grow, export opportunities will be a critical piece of the picture. To support Alberta agriculture and food businesses to export internationally, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry with the support of Edmonton Economic Development Corporation is facilitating a half-day Trade and Logistics workshop.
The workshop will give interested Alberta agriculture and food companies, whether new or established exporters, an opportunity to learn more about the logistics and supply chain in exporting products internationally. Subject matter experts will provide valuable information on logistics, cargo services, freight forwarding and customs brokerage considerations related to exporting to ensure goods reach their destination.
Participants will learn more about the role that these groups play in the supply chain and how they can assist their company in exporting. In addition, participants will also have the opportunity to learn about:
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement and its implications
- Different modes of shipment and transportation
- Foreign Trade Zones
- Key distribution points and cities
- Cool chain management
- Enhance your cash to cash cycle: Getting paid faster
- Company success stories and their distribution strategies
- Port Alberta
- Freight Forwarding Companies such as: AOG International, Kuehne + Nagel and Livingston International
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
- Edmonton International Airport
- Food Processors Logistics and Research Council
- Rosenau Transport Ltd.
- Duckering’s Transport Ltd.
- CN Rail
- Sunrise Bakery
- The Little Potato Company
We want to hear from you! What questions do you have for the freight forwarders? Do you want to know more about ocean freight or current regulations in specific international markets?
Please forward your questions and RSVP to:
Shelly Nguyen, Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, Tel: 780-422-7103, firstname.lastname@example.org